Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana tickets from cancelled show in '94. Did anyone sell for heaps of money

Options
  • 12-06-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

When the Nirvana show in '94 got postponed and then subsequently cancelled I'd imagine a heap of people held onto their tickets in the expectation that the tickets would be worth millions in the future

Does anyone know if any tickets from that show ever sold for anything notewothy or was it just MCD that made out like bandits from people not getting their tickets refunded?

I've got one in the attic and I'd like to know if I can hand in my notice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

I left mine in the arse pocket of my fashionably distressed jeans

They went into the washing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The prices have shot up apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I left mine in the arse pocket of my fashionably distressed jeans

They went into the washing machine

So what you're saying is ... you need a new one?

I can make that happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My brother had his ticket proudly displayed on his bedroom wall until some scumbag exchange students came along one summer and robbed him blind. His sworn vengeance has yet to be fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I got the refund for my ticket (standing 1335) a few Days later-about 16.75 IRC,lotta Money for a junior cert dweeb working part-time at a petrol station.People said afterwards that it would sell for thousands,don't feel so bad now that they still aint Worth so much

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Phonecards is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I aquired mine ticket on zee bedroom vall of mine student frieund in Irlande vun summer vile on student exchange. I sold it fur millions of euros......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Friend's brother had one, gave to his girlfriend who is now his ex-girlfriend.

D'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

kneemos wrote: »
    Phonecards is where it's at.

And if you freeze them overnight you get unlimited credit on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Date of the concert was the date he was found dead, but he'd shot himself 3 days previous, so never understood why such importance was put on the Irish ticket date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

80 to 100 quid seems to be the average payed. Was that a sellout (6-7000?), if so there's probably a lot of them still out there. I'd say hold on to it for another 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

There was one sold on a US site for about 400 dollars...

I have one too.

edit: Here's the link, I knew it was out there somewhere: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/72/lot/28592/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

AdamB wrote: »
    I aquired mine ticket on zee bedroom vall of mine student frieund in Irlande vun summer vile on student exchange. I sold it fur millions of euros......

Good try, they were Spanish apparently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    And if you freeze them overnight you get unlimited credit on them!

Simpler times.

Advertisement