Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headaches after Marathon

Options
  • 12-06-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Did the Cork Marathon last week and ever since I have had pretty bad headaches. Its a constant pain all around my head sometimes getting worse in certain parts.

Anyone have this before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dj08

Did the Cork Marathon last week and ever since I have had pretty bad headaches. Its a constant pain all around my head sometimes getting worse in certain parts.

Anyone have this before?

Did you fully rehydrate after as dehydration can cause headaches. Did you do a marathon before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

dj08 wrote: »
    Did you fully rehydrate after as dehydration can cause headaches. Did you do a marathon before?

Yeah took plenty of fluids on board, even a couple of dioralyte after. This was was second but pushed myself a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

If I had the symptoms you highlight I'd have been to a GP by now.

I never post on these health issues threads, but sounds to me like the only place you should be looking for answers is with a doctor. And - without wishing to alarm you - soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dj08

Yeah took plenty of fluids on board, even a couple of dioralyte after. This was was second but pushed myself a bit more.

Best get it checked out I would imagine, to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Damn, hate going to the doc.

Might give it another day just to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Damn, hate going to the doc.

Might give it another day just to be sure

To be sure of what? That you're not wasting 50 euro on what could be a life threatening condition? As others have said dehydration would be the usual cause but not this long after the marathon. You've had those headaches 9 days now. Need to get checked out ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mod: Medical advice is in breach of our charter. Please consult a medical professional

<Thread closed>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement