Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring trouble

Options
  • 12-06-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

does anybody know how wiring looped windows work ?? hkc sensors with four core cables, 5 windows, 4 with two cables and the last window has one cable . how do I wire them together ? and will this mean they are on the one zone , or can they be split up ? many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You need to post over in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

If you can post some photo's of the sensors too and explain what you need/want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jay949494

Im new to this , sorry for any trouble caused .. the house is pre-wired , and my upstairs has 5 windows, so what would be the wiring colour in order ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Moved from infosec...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

jay949494 wrote: »
    Im new to this , sorry for any trouble caused .. the house is pre-wired , and my upstairs has 5 windows, so what would be the wiring colour in order ?

That is entirely up to who ever is installing the system, it is not like electrical cables or indeed networking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

does anybody know how wiring looped windows work ?? hkc sensors with four core cables, 5 windows, 4 with two cables and the last window has one cable . how do I wire them together ? and will this mean they are on the one zone , or can they be split up ? many thanks in advance.

Few handy diagrams here that will help ;)

• Advertisement

thanks altor , there all looped is there any way to name each window ? , or do i need the id sensors ? Thanks altor

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the windows are all wired in series then the zone will be the same.
    II would not recommend ID sensors based on personal experience. If you have free zones split them up that way.

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the windows are all wired in series then the zone will be the same.
    II would not recommend ID sensors based on personal experience. If you have free zones split them up that way.

Thanks koolkid , i would prefer to split them up , how do i go about doing that ? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

read the wiring diagrams its there how to do it if you cant follow them get an alarm guy out to finish it for you

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks koolkid , i would prefer to split them up , how do i go about doing that ? Many thanks

What core cable is feeding that loop and how many free zones have you on the panel?

• Advertisement

thanks altor , there all looped is there any way to name each window ? , or do i need the id sensors ? Thanks altor

Other than splitting them so you can have them on separate zones.
    I would use the point id sensors. It will work out easier for you too as each device is given its own name plus point options. Cabling wise you will need 2 for power and one core for data.

What core cable is feeding that loop and how many free zones have you on the panel?

Three free zones and there 4 core koolkid

altor wrote: »
    Other than splitting them so you can have them on separate zones.
    I would use the point id sensors. It will work out easier for you too as each device is given its own name plus point options. Cabling wise you will need 2 for power and one core for data.

Thanks altor , and if i go with I'd , do i just wire them in the panel as normal ? Red,black,blue,yellow ?

Three free zones and there 4 core koolkid

You could wire three zones using a four core cable if you wanted.
    If you do use ID sensor they are wired in parallel using 3 cores. Positive Negative and data.

You could wire three zones using a four core cable if you wanted.
    If you do use ID sensor they are wired in parallel using 3 cores. Positive Negative and data.

Thanks very much koolkid

Thanks altor , and if i go with I'd , do i just wire them in the panel as normal ? Red,black,blue,yellow ?

Using the ID sensors will give you more options as you can have 10 per point zone on the panel. Another option is to add point ID PIRs off an existing loop.

Using the ID sensors will give you more options as you can have 10 per point zone on the panel. Another option is to add point ID PIRs off an existing loop.

So it would be red ,black alarm..and say blue for data , then place a link for the blue in the tamper circuit ?

So it would be red ,black alarm..and say blue for data , then place a link for the blue in the tamper circuit ?

Red and Black would come off the 12V from the control panel.
    Blue cable is wired into the right side of the point ID zone with the link left in place.

Red and Black would come off the 12V from the control panel.
    Blue cable is wired into the right side of the point ID zone with the link left in place.

You've been unbelievable help altor , thanks so much , just a final question while im here , my mate cant but his alarm on every time he turns it on it starts ringing saying system armed and his code wont work ? Any ideas as to whats wrong ??

You've been unbelievable help altor , thanks so much , just a final question while im here , my mate cant but his alarm on every time he turns it on it starts ringing saying system armed and his code wont work ? Any ideas as to whats wrong ??

Always happy to help :)

If it arms with the code then it should disarm with the code too.
    Do you know what system he has installed?

• Advertisement

Always happy to help :)

If it arms with the code then it should disarm with the code too.
    Do you know what system he has installed?

Sorry I should describe more , its hkc , not to old , he has to turn it on by the little yellow cable that powers the board , and when two or three seconds pass while it boots up it just starts ringing saying the system is armed on the keypad , even though no code has been entered and no buttons touched

Sorry I should describe more , its hkc , not to old , he has to turn it on by the little yellow cable that powers the board , and when two or three seconds pass while it boots up it just starts ringing saying the system is armed on the keypad , even though no code has been entered and no buttons touched

The system will go into alarm as its just being powered up.
    Is it the correct code he is using to turn it off?
    Is there a master code or just one code set up?
    The default is 1111.

The system will go into alarm as its just being powered up.
    Is it the correct code he is using to turn it off?
    Is there a master code or just one code set up?
    The default is 1111.

As far as he is aware it is , its a rented house so the code came from the landlord , unless it was being messed with ? , the battery was fairly buckled , cracked actually , ill tell him to try 1111 and see if it works

As far as he is aware it is , its a rented house so the code came from the landlord , unless it was being messed with ? , the battery was fairly buckled , cracked actually , ill tell him to try 1111 and see if it works

Sounds like he has the wrong code. If he had the correct code and powers up the system then the user code will turn it off once it has the permission to do so. If it does not work then defaulting the system and setting it back up will get him a new code. This will work once its not engineer locked.

Down power system, mains and battery. Remove jp1 link and power system back up. Keypad will give the option to default. If it is engineer locked it will say so and he would need an engineer to default the system for him.

Sounds like he has the wrong code. If he had the correct code and powers up the system then the user code will turn it off once it has the permission to do so. If it does not work then defaulting the system and setting it back up will get him a new code. This will work once its not engineer locked.

Down power system, mains and battery. Remove jp1 link and power system back up. Keypad will give the option to default. If it is engineer locked it will say so and he would need an engineer to default the system for him.

Ill go through all this with him , thanks so much again altor , your a very helpful person , not many , if any , like you. Thanks again

Ill go through all this with him , thanks so much again altor , your a very helpful person , not many , if any , like you. Thanks again

Thanks jay949494, any problems more than happy to help :)

Advertisement