Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abroad for work

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi there,
    I'm in receipt of Jobseekers' and have been advised to apply for Short-Term Enterprise Allowance and register with Revenue as self-employed etc. because of my chosen field.
    However, I have just secured work abroad at the start of July in a different field. I want to close my claim - you can do so online - but I'm wondering about two things:

1. Will I receive Jobseekers' until I commence work?
    2. Should I tell them that I'm 'Leaving the Country' or 'Commencing work'?

Thanks for your help. Sometimes it can be difficult to get the answers you need without the concern that it will affect your claim. So many grey areas!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sign off on the last day you are unemployed/in the country(this will mean your payment continues)starting work is what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You can sign off online but it would be best if you go into sw office and give them the date you will be starting work as any monies due to you that you cannot collect in the post office can be sent by cheque or directly to your bank account.

Advertisement