Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange charging issue

Options
  • 11-06-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

Right, going to work so I plugged my car charger into my HTC One X but it didn't work. After a bit of footering it seems that with just the charger in the cigarette it seems fine, the htc sign lights up on the charger, but when I connect the phone the htc sign goes out and it doesn't charge. Turned the phone off and on, rebooted phone but no difference.

On arriving at work I checked it in another guy's car with my phone and got the same issue but when we connected his android phone it charged no problem - so it seems the issue is with my phone. Any ideas folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Checked with a normal wall charger and it no charge neither :( Phone knackered?

Edit: still strange that when the phone is connected it puts the light out on the charger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Start off by cleaning the usb connector and trying to jiggle (gently) the cable in the phone and see if that helps. It does sound a bit like some sort of short. I wouldn't say its knackered though.

Have you dropped your phone or let it get wet (including sweat/condensation) recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Start off by cleaning the usb connector and trying to jiggle (gently) the cable in the phone and see if that helps. It does sound a bit like some sort of short. I wouldn't say its knackered though.

Have you dropped your phone or let it get wet (including sweat/condensation) recently?

Will get a wee clean at it later, did the jiggly thing at the time to no avail, no wetness of any kind has been near the phone. I took it off charge just before I left the house for work and it must have been charging grand as it was up to 70% from 25%.

Advertisement