Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batteries from Irish Supplier?

Options
  • 11-06-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Looking for some unprotected 18500 and 18650 batteries for use with a kick, which would be the best to get from an Irish supplier.

The Sony US18650VTC5 seem to be currently the best ones, but can't find any Irish vendor. Next best?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

E-fest are probably the best option,AW batteries if you're posh.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I think the new Purple E-Fests are relabelled VTCs, well the problem is there are two purple 18650s one of which is a VTC. But both are supposed to be great. I got mine off thebestshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Are Efests unprotected and only for use in regulated mods and AWs protected and ok to use in mech mods? Or are neither of them ok for mechs?... thinking of getting a stingray.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

Mechs

350s - 500

E fests tail off quickly
    Aw last longer
    purple e feats compete withe Aws for lower ohms

Aw to 20 amp in mechs with 0.5 builds
    Sony VTC in regulated expensive madness that makes you wonder why you quit smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Hope ye don't mind me jumping in here , but I was wondering about 18350 batteries . I am currently using Microbat 3.7V / 900mAh and I get through two of them in a day ( just about ) , would the advice be the same as above or are these just as good .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

EGriff wrote: »
    Are Efests unprotected and only for use in regulated mods and AWs protected and ok to use in mech mods? Or are neither of them ok for mechs?... thinking of getting a stingray.

They are both safe chemistry, protection is a different thing. Both recommended for mech mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

As BeansBeans said both are safe,
    just make sure you know their amp limit and do not exceed it.

Protected means sfa

If the battery name has 'fire' in it it's ****e.
    That's an agreed standard.

EFEST, aw, vtcsony in that order but for different things that the Irish vaping community is idiot.

Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Karl_c wrote: »
    Protected means sfa

If the battery name has 'fire' in it it's ****e.
    That's an agreed standard.

EFEST, aw, vtcsony in that order but for different things that the Irish vaping community is idiot.

Bah!

Were you maybe drunk when you wrote that Carl? :pac:

rickyjb wrote: »
    Were you maybe drunk when you wrote that Carl? :pac:
    No. Spellcheck.

Interestingly if you contact AW directly he says (circa six months back) the only direct buyer here is bargainvapour.

I'm certainly not saying don't buy AW off anyone else as he only lists 3 UK vendors and lets face it many more than that are on the level.

Buy the best batteries. A great battery is the price of 20 smokes but lasts months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement