Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on metatarsal injury please.

Options
  • 11-06-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals.

Yes, it was a dreaded fracture of the 3rd metatarsal which has more than likely put my outdoor track season to an end.
    I have had a cast on for 3 and a half weeks and am now in a hard shoe, I guess that is the only way to describe it.

My question or query is how long until I can get running again? From varying sources I have heard 6 weeks non-running/much weight bearing and then begin again on a day on/day off basis.

Has anyone had something similar and what is the dealio with aqua jogging in deep water? I would like to at least try to maintain fitness. I was at a high level of fitness prior to injury so if anyone has any advice on how I can safely mantain it, I would appreciate the socks off it.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Sorry, we're not allowed to give any medical advice.
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement