Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manual lawnmover

Options
  • 11-06-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Which is better, a petrol lawnmover or a manual lawnmover?

what are the main pros and cons of a manual one?

thinking about changing.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭jrby

yes, that's the one...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I love the summery sound of a push mower, and very satisfying to use if you have the energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

a lot of energy ......

How big is your lawn?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i use a manual one, a qualcast. i hate the sound of petrol mowers, and it's good exercise.
    i don't bother attaching the grass collector to mine, but even with it, it wouldn't be as effective at catching all the grass as a motorised one would be.

• Advertisement

not a big one, would get two cars parked on front one and back one is smaller....

my current lawnmover is petrol but it doesnt drive the wheels anymore and it takes up too much room in the shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

The Husqvarna diamant handmower is good and very durable. The handles pop off for easy storage too.

were did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

with manual ones you have to cut the grass every week and keep it sharp to do a good job or else its just hassle.
    what about a elecric mower thery are pretty small and tidy away flymo maybe?
    woodies usually sell off ex demo models cheap enough some of the very bisic ones are nice ad small,carrickmies woodies have a couple i see today

• Site Banned Posts: 31 bumblebee2

jrby wrote: »
    not a big one, would get two cars parked on front one and back one is smaller....

my current lawnmover is petrol but it doesnt drive the wheels anymore and it takes up too much room in the shed.
    Aldi this Thursday comming.50 euro,nice and slimline,3 cutting heights and the usual 3 year warranty.Ideal for your garden size.
    www .aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-19th-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/essential-lawnmower-1/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

I have a webb manual mower.Has a nice roller on the back for stripes. Great little machine but you need to mow more often to keep it tidy.
    Would not change to an electric

Advertisement