Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genealogy Sites

Options
  • 11-06-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am looking to some help on how to start tracing my family tree. I have had a quick look online and they all look great initially BUT once you are registered etc then they are all looking for payment for the services. This is all fine if I know that I am going to find the details I am looking for but how do you see a bit of progress with paying first? Any suggestions would be really great.

Thanks
    Dotdom14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

There is some information in the Genealogy forum here at boards. Just hover over the Soc section above and then click History & Heritage. The Genealogy forum is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dotdom14

Many Thanks Larkenn, I know there is a lot to learn about and I am sure the links you recommended will help.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You could also check us out in the Adoption Forum- we have a few DIY guides (aimed at adopted people- but which could be used to get ideas on how to do your own family tree).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭momec

Sign up to the free fourteen day trial on ancestry.com - a world of information on there. But remember to cancel it before your time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

For certain family names, you might find http://www.thestewartsinireland.ie/ useful. The owner of that site also can help with, or do research for you.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement