Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss Removal From Lawn

Options
  • 11-06-2014 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Does anyone know of any cheap ways of removing moss from a lawn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Iron Sulphate does the trick... mix it with some sand to make it easier to scatter it on the moss.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

• Site Banned Posts: 31 bumblebee2

Wrong link Vinnie.
    They have put the scarifiers up in price.They used to be 20 euro last year,now this year they are 25 euro.
    www .lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-1E9C5BDF-58FDDA2F/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=8192

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

bumblebee2 wrote: »
    Wrong link Vinnie.
    They have put the scarifiers up in price.They used to be 20 euro last year,now this year they are 25 euro.
    www .lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-1E9C5BDF-58FDDA2F/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=8192

i think you made a mistake look again

vinnie13 wrote: »
    i think you made a mistake look again
    Yes my link is to the actual Lidl hand scarifier for removing moss.
    Your link is to Lidl general general homepage for Monday 16th June for the gardening items,have a look at your link again.

• Advertisement

Newbies cant post web links so I spaced the www and the dot to allow me to post the link.
    If you backspace then you will see the link to hand scarifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pat_Planky

Chickens are great at picking the moss out and fertilise as they go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hard work and a fan lawn rake

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pat_Planky

Yeah you said it Sgt Pepper 64. Hard work. It takes a long time and is a bit of a knack. it's very easy to get too enthusiastic and start taking out lumps of grass...

Advertisement