Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outfit for Marrakech wedding - Help!

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:07am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm attending a wedding in Marrakech in July and have absolutely no idea what to do about an outfit for the occasion.

The ceremony will be in a Christian church and then the reception will be held in a very exclusive villa.. Obviously, it's going to be very hot, even though the ceremony isn't until 5pm, but how do I go about finding something suitable which would be suitable for the church and a relatively posh wedding but yet won't have me sweltering in the heat. I had been thinking of a nice maxi dress, but would that be a little too predictable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm 5' 3", by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

How about a tunic and trousers combo? can look fairly glam if done right and you could pick loose cool fabrics.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/423160/Diane_von_Furstenberg/reina-zebra-print-silk-jersey-mini-dress#

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think a maxi dress in cotton, linen, silk (or a blend of these) would be gorgeous, and very chic. I suppose the reason it might be predictable is because it's the most comfortable and cool way to dress, while remaining stylish!
    I've been looking at this for an August wedding (in Ireland) although it's a bit out of my price range!
    http://www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/clothing-dresses-occasionreadyensembles/7130433534453.jsp#/
    Love this too, and I'd say it would be quite cool with the flared skirt http://www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/clothing-dresses-occasion/7130601874257.jsp#/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Thanks a million for the replies, girls. It's much appreciated.

I opted for a maxi dress in the end. Dee, I tried on one very similar in style to that which you posted, but it didn't work for my shoulders. Unfortunately I've a lot of muscle on my shoulders, upper arms and back due to horse riding, so it just accentuated the muscle (shame, because I really loved that style).

Anyway, I went on a little spending spree today and bought 2 dresses in Oasis. I bought this one, simply because I really loved the shape and colours (planning on wearing it to the 'day before' reception). I got this one for the wedding itself - I think it's a little more formal, and so better suited.

fits, I loved the idea of the tunic/trousers combo, but having tried on a few things today, it just didn't work for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

Very nice! I love the way tunic and trousers look too but I think you need a certain kind of figure to pull it off - which I dont have either. Oh well.

Advertisement