Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Informal Mayo Archery Club Shoot, Massbrook - Sunday 22nd June 2014

Options
  • 11-06-2014 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

INFORMAL CLUB SHOOT, MASSBROOK - SUNDAY 22nd JUNE

We've decided to have an informal club shoot for Mayo archers on Sunday the 22nd of June 2014 at 10.30am in Massbrook. A cup of tea / coffee before 10.30am and then an informal shoot. Many of us seldom see each other unless it's at a competition somewhere ... or we bump into each other in Massbrook ... then again many of us never see each other. :(

A walk through the woods in Mayo (with bows and arrows in tow) sounds like just the sort of thing we should be at together on a Sunday morning . We'll try and text everyone we've mobile numbers for ... hopefully we'll see you all on the 22nd! :)

Regards, MAC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭zen260

Dam !!i just saw this right now,,,just got into archery a while ago,,been itching to have a go for years,,i come from a long hunting shooting and fishing background,bought a compound bow a couple of months ago and have it set up and sighted in at various distances nicely,whats the story with membership in your archery club???do you do all your shooting out in the woods or do you have an indoor range aswell???
    Thanks paul

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NavanJames

Paul,

Check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mayoarchery

We do all our shooting down in the woods. There was circa 20 of us there this morning for the informal shoot. We had tea, a chat about all things archery and then we split into 6 groups of three and set off. We've 40 targets out at the moment. I didn't leave until about 4.00pm. :)

Drop over some weekend and we'll explain the layout of the course and club to you.

Regards, James.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭zen260

Thanks james,,,sounds like a good day out for sure,,,plus the weather at the moment is an added bonus for sure,,,i will check out the link you sent,,Tell me is the club associated with FLYBOW ???isnt he out that way aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭NavanJames

Yes Harald (Flybow) is a big bit of what we do. You'll see a good photo of 'El Presidente' arriving at the shoot up on our Facebook page. Harald kept the whole thing going for years and we're trying to pitch a little now and contribute a small bit.

Regards, James.

Advertisement