Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercross 3D Travel system V's Baby Elegance

Options
  • 10-06-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m a first time mum so have no clue when it comes to buggies. There are so many options on the market that I am becoming more confused, the more I shop around!

I really like the baby elegance travel systems, anyone have experience or know anyone that has had one of these? There are two ranges the beep and ego, the only difference I can see is one a 3 wheeler but would love to know if there are any other major differences?

I also like the Silvercross 3d. Again would love to hear from anyone who has feedback on this buggy.

What I am looking for is a good value pushchair, carry cot & car seat combi.

All feedback greatly appreciated.

:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I'm a first time mama so have no previous experience of these travel systems but I am very strongly leaning towards the baby elegance beep twist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I had a beep pebble, and tbh I found it very cheapo, plastic, rattley, very little padding for babs and a stupid recline that basically consisted of pulling a string to tighten it. Having said that, it was very light, and cheap for what you got. Give them a test drive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

ok thanks guys :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jellybeans wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m a first time mum so have no clue when it comes to buggies. There are so many options on the market that I am becoming more confused, the more I shop around!

I really like the baby elegance travel systems, anyone have experience or know anyone that has had one of these? There are two ranges the beep and ego, the only difference I can see is one a 3 wheeler but would love to know if there are any other major differences?

I also like the Silvercross 3d. Again would love to hear from anyone who has feedback on this buggy.

What I am looking for is a good value pushchair, carry cot & car seat combi.

All feedback greatly appreciated.

:o

Don't know much about either, but it looks like the beep twist has a "proper" carrycot but the 3d one looks more like a cocoon. I would go with the baby elegance

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Had the beep system on my first and couldn't fault it. Car seat fitted onto base, the carrycot was nice and sturdy and the wheel base folded down nice and small for the car. Tbh I wouldn't look at anything else if we had another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I had the silvercross 3d. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Found it very heavy to lift - I had a section so this was a huge problem for me. It just felt v clumsy to push. The car seat broke my heart. When I had it there was no isofix base for it so it had to be strapped in with the seat belt.
    The seat is bigger than the maxi cosi so some seat belts won't fit around it. Mine just about did but they used to 'lock' sometimes before I got it all the way around the car seat & I'd have to unravel it & start again.
    Also you have to detach the hood from the car seat when strapping it in & remove the cosy toes.
    I used a maxi cosi for baba 2 cos I just couldn't face the hassle of the silvercross one.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

I actually ended up getting both! I bought them second hand and got the baby elegance car seat with the isofix seat, Ill compare them and tell you here!

Advertisement