Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lubuntu - Screen Flicker after Suspend Optiplex GX270

Options
  • 10-06-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hoping you can help.

Recently put Lubuntu onto the parents Dell Optiplex GX270 with Intel 845 G/GL Integrated Video, P4 2.4GHZ and 640MB Ram. The OS works brilliantly bar one issue -

When the machine is suspended and I try to wake it - the computer wakes and the monitor switches back on however the screen shudders/flickers continuously and cannot be used without force rebooting.

Is this a video driver issue? If so is there any way around it? The version of Lubuntu I put on was downloaded over the weekend so it's as new as possible.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Suspend doesn't always work well on older systems. The drivers aren't tested on retro hardware and typically the video driver causes the lockup. I'd test hibernate to see if that works. Also update the BIOS on the system and ensure that S1 or S3 is configured as the suspend mode. If after that it's the same, just use a normal shutdown instead...

You could also boot up off a Ubuntu liveUSB key and see if the behaviour is different there.

Advertisement