Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh good god no..... not again.... Season 4 winners....

Options
  • 10-06-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Anyone up for a bit of crack again???

Div 1 - Man City, great signings and I think Ger will push on and really challenge this year

Div 2 - Barca, Obviously have the strongest squad (arguably in the whole GW) so I'd expect they will win it this year

Div 3 - NOT ME, ANYONE BUT ME (Pressure, what pressute :eek::eek::eek::eek: )

Div 4 - Malaga, for me they still have a pretty damn good squad and should push on....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Div 1- Bayern Munich, they just have a deadly team. Would like to see Man City win thou for Hamsik and Cavani!!

Div 2- Barca are the obvious but i am gonna go for Sunderland, i think they have a decent side.

Div 3- Lazio, sorry dude but you have Neymar..I expect 39 wins from 38!

Div 4 - Have to admit i don't know an awful lot about this division but Malaga have a stronger team then me so ill go for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Div 1 - Man City, Bayern, Chelsea

Div 2 - Bayer, Sunderland

Div 3 - Breman

Div 4 - Genoa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Div 1 - Man City, Bayern, Chelsea

Div 2 - Bayer, Sunderland

Div 3 - Breman

Div 4 - Genoa

3 teams can't win D1 and 2 can't win D2 :D:D:D:D

3 teams can't win D1 and 2 can't win D2 :D:D:D:D

I'm giving myself a chance! Was gonna pick 10 each in the hope one would win :P

Seriously though. I don't know Div 3 or 4 so just guessed a winner. I think I'll be close with Div 1 and 2 though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I'll only go for Division 1, and say Chelsea.

As for gif(s) of the year, I'll say me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'm giving myself a chance! Was gonna pick 10 each in the hope one would win :P

Well, in that case

Division 1 : AC Milan, Juventus, Atlético Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Everton, Bayern, Arsenal, Valencia, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Dortmund, SSC Napoli, Manchester United, Chelsea, Dynamo Kyiv, Manchester City, FC Porto, AS Roma

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wilberto wrote: »
    Well, in that case

Division 1 : AC Milan, Juventus, Atlético Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Everton, Bayern, Arsenal, Valencia, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur, Dortmund, SSC Napoli, Manchester United, Chelsea, Dynamo Kyiv, Manchester City, FC Porto, AS Roma

At least someone picked me :pac:

Well, in that case

No way Real win 3 in a row, I'll bet Bayern on it... scrap that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Div 1- Bayern Munich

Div 2- Barca, probably with Sunderland & Leverkusen also going up

Div 3- Lazio

Div 4 - Malaga, with Celtic runners up I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Div 1 - Bayern: They've added a lot of good players who i think will guide them to a title.

Div 2 - Barcelona: Having built a team of high rated players in a weaker division, i know how stupid this game can be... But I think Barca will pull it off this year.

Div 3 - VfB Stuttgart: They came close last year but fell near the end. I think they've enough about them to get promoted.

Div 4 - Malaga: The team really hasn't changed since I left them.. Which may be its biggest issue. If they can stay injury free i think they'll get promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Well, in that case

Hon the lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

D1: Bayern, Real Madrid, Man City

D2: Barca, Newcastle - P/O Benfica

D3: Lazio, Estudiantes, P/O Udinese

D4: Celtic, O.Lyon, P/O Genoa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

D1: Bayern or Chelsea

D2: Bacelona, he can't have another bad season and he seems to have found a formation that works

D3: Stutgart

D4: Genoa

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Division | Winner | Runner Up | -- | Relegated
    1 | Chelsea | Bayern Munich | -- | Manchester United, Liverpool, Aston Villa
    2 | Barcelona | Newcastle United | -- | Hamburg, Portsmouth, Olimpiacos
    3 | SS Lazio | Udinese | -- | Velez Sarsfield, Sao Paolo, Club America
    4 | Malaga | Celtic | -- | Braga (To finish bottom)

1. Chelsea ran Real Madrid close last season, and I expect them to go one better.

2. Now that Al has finally got his Barcelona charges up and firing, it is very reasonable to expect them to win with several games to spare!

3. After Lazio's close season transfers, one would expect the likes of Neymar to emulate Pirlo of Anzhi last season and win the division for them.

4. Malaga were unlucky not to be promoted last season and I don't think the new teams in that division are anywhere near the standard of the teams they replaced so I expect a healthy charge for the title for the Spanish club.

Bet ya there will be 2-3 that will wait until 3-4 games in before making predictions...

Ahem... Mac

as the OP tupac, I think you need to start using tables to show everyones prediction in one post :P ... ;)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    as the OP tupac, I think you need to start using tables to show everyones prediction in one post :P ... ;)

You know very well that I don't remember how to do it mate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

D1 - Chelsea - was unlucky not to win it last year, but had a great season
    D2 - Me - If i don't win it, or at least have a damn good go at it, I'll be pissed off....
    D3 - Lazio - I'd imagine tupac could write the same sentence as me above! :)
    D4 - Celtic - Think they'll go close...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Division | Winner | Runner Up | -- | Relegated
    1 | Chelsea | Bayern Munich | -- | Manchester United, Liverpool, Aston Villa
    2 | Barcelona | Newcastle United | -- | Hamburg, Portsmouth, Olimpiacos
    3 | SS Lazio | Udinese | -- | Velez Sarsfield, Sao Paolo, Club America
    4 | Malaga | Celtic | -- | Braga (To finish bottom)

1. Chelsea ran Real Madrid close last season, and I expect them to go one better.

2. Now that Al has finally got his Barcelona charges up and firing, it is very reasonable to expect them to win with several games to spare!

3. After Lazio's close season transfers, one would expect the likes of Neymar to emulate Pirlo of Anzhi last season and win the division for them.

4. Malaga were unlucky not to be promoted last season and I don't think the new teams in that division are anywhere near the standard of the teams they replaced so I expect a healthy charge for the title for the Spanish club.

villa to be relegated? Only need 10 more wins to be safe and I've a plus 5 goal difference after beating psg and real :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hey everyone, you can change your Div 4 picks now.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    villa to be relegated? Only need 10 more wins to be safe and I've a plus 5 goal difference after beating psg and real :)

To be honest, I was only going on the fact that you kept saying how low your player ratings were compared to other teams in Division 1!!

Besides, there's only one way you can go from where you are now!! :P :P

Looks as though not too many of us right.....

Yet!!!!

Looks as though not too many of us right.....

Yet!!!!

I'm quite happy with my Division 2 predictions actually. It even looks like I'm going to get two out of the three relegated teams right! :D:D:)

Apart from Bayern, my D1 and D2 predictions look solid

Best guesses for me would be City (still in there!) And Barca, other than those I was way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

At this stage, I think its Real Madrid's to lose. Of all the challengers, they have the easiest run in on league form.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

tonic wine wrote: »
    At this stage, I think its Real Madrid's to lose. Of all the challengers, they have the easiest run in on league form.

Yeah it's time to push on now....I was only making it more interesting letting ye back into it ;)

I got 2....

How'd everyone else do?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    D1: Bayern, Real Madrid, Man City

D2: Barca, Newcastle - P/O Benfica

D3: Lazio, Estudiantes, P/O Udinese

D4: Celtic, O.Lyon, P/O Genoa

Had 2 of the top 3 in D1 granted in the wrong order but still

1 and 2 in D2 but completely missed the playoff winner

D3 .... enough said