Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Volunteer for a Charity abroad

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help? I am looking to do some volunteering for a few months, I don't want all my money to be wasted on admin fees, I'd like my money to go to where it's needed. I have worked in finance for 10 years and have a very high educational standard. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sneachtaman

I went away with Nurture Africa 2 years ago to Uganda. Amazing time. Small fundraising requirement, you pay for your own flights etc, but you live in the community, experience the true culture, and really see where the money goes.

I'd reccomend it. (as I went with another charity elsewhere and it was a different experience)

Good luck with your decision. You will need it as many people will try change your mind.

GAMAN wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help? I am looking to do some volunteering for a few months, I don't want all my money to be wasted on admin fees, I'd like my money to go to where it's needed. I have worked in finance for 10 years and have a very high educational standard. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this.

Thanks

Advertisement