Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotspot

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Have Samsung galaxy 4 . Personal hotspot works a treat. On 3 network.
    It's a pain having to continually turn it on every now and again... Is there a setting that can keep it (or an app) on permanently.?

Thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

You wouldn't want to keep it on always anyway as your battery would die much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

One way around it would be to buy a cheap Bluetooth usb Dongle for your laptop. Keep that plugged in to the laptop. Then using the tasker app you could set it to switch on wifi hotspot when it picks up the Bluetooth signal and switch it off when it's lost. That way if your laptop is on your hotspot will be on.

I've never done this myself but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

You wouldn't want to keep it on always anyway as your battery would die much quicker.

I do want it on all the time that is why I put post here- I use it full time in house for Internet access on other device-

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Sounds like it's turning off wifi while in sleep mode, which is the default behaviour.
    If you go into advanced wifi settings you should be able to find the sleep policy setting. Set it to keep wifi on always.

Advertisement