Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Drug companies trying to stop e-cigarettes

Options
  • 10-06-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Google this web site "The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News and Analysis". It is the best web site that supports e-cigarettes and shows who is behind the anticigarette legislation in Europe and the United States. Today his entry details the following below.

According to an article in the London Times, GlaxoSmithKline - a major player in the pharmaceutical smoking cessation industry - has lobbied vigorously on behalf of stringent electronic cigarette regulation in the European Union. Specifically, a leaked memo apparently showed that Glaxo was telling policymakers that electronic cigarettes could be a gateway to smoking and that these products should be regulated as medicines, not as a type of nicotine or tobacco product.

According to the article: "One of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies has warned lawmakers that electronic cigarettes could act as a “gateway to tobacco”. The leaked correspondence from GlaxoSmithKline, whose nicotine patches, gums and lozenges are being undermined by the burgeoning e-cigarette market, reveals the opposition from the pharmaceutical industry to impending regulation of e-cigarettes across the European Union. The pharmaceutical industry wants medicines licences to be mandatory for e-cigarettes, as they are for nicotine products. Instead, the EU is set to introduce a system in which e-cigarette companies can opt in for medicines regulation or be regulated in a similar way to traditional cigarettes."

I consider my right to the pursuit of happiness is to enjoy my nicotine and cafeine. Thomas Jefferson wouldn't approve of political correctness nor the nanny state mentality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

Bad news for e-cig lovers.. Even I do love vaping and I think there must be no ban on e-cigs..

Advertisement