Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody got an umbrella plant ? (Cyperus alternifolius)

Options
  • 10-06-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭

220px-Umbrella_papyrus_(potted).jpg

I'd like 1 umbrella off one of these to grow a new plant, happy to pay postage costs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,642 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I did this quite recently (last autumn) and already it has grown into a plant like the illustration. I upturned the "umbrella" in a jar of water and a couple of weeks later it had roots.

Are you in Dublin? I'd be willing to meet and hand one over

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

I've a few too.
    Was growing in a garden in Portugal and I took a section home. Growing well. Have it split into 4 or 5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 valtimon

Hi
    I would very much appreciate a 6 inch sliver or suchlike that I can cultivate.
    I love this plant and have been searching for it.
    Thank you. I am in Killiney and would travel for it
    Val

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

valtimon wrote: »
    Hi
    I would very much appreciate a 6 inch sliver or suchlike that I can cultivate.
    I love this plant and have been searching for it.
    Thank you. I am in Killiney and would travel for it
    Val

I'm up the road in Cabinteely

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ioeides

Looking for one as well. Anyone know where to buy one or anyone has an offshoot?
    Dublin or Wicklow area.

Io

• Advertisement
Advertisement