Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unused land

Options
  • 09-06-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all,

at the side of my house is a tiny bit of ground that is effectively waste ground, it can't be used for anything, its unkept and messy looking.
    i want to move my garden fence to include to include it in my property.
    i live in a small estate, and the green area to the side of the house is kept by myself and other residents, the piece i want to take over is away from the green and of no use.
    can anyone tell me how i go about doing this so that it will be included in property portfolio should i ever want to sell house?
    who do i need to talk too about it? engineer? solicitor?
    thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,376 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi neadybop,

You cannot simply claim this land as part of your own and include it in your property. Somebody owns that land, even if it's the local authority. Not to mention that even though it looks like it's unused, there may be services running underneath.

If you're interested in purchasing the land, you can ask a solicitor to check the Land Registry to see who owns the land, and ask them if you can buy it from them. You can't just build your fence around it and use it yourself.

Thread locked as it's getting into legalities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement