Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service flowers

Options
  • 09-06-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Any help on this.

We literally just need some flowers for the table where the register is, a pin for the groom and a bouquet for the bride.

That's it.

It is a room in a castle so needs very little done to it and there will be less than 25 at the wedding.

Problem is your speak to a florist and the wedding fee premium kicks in... not sure how to tackle this, surely all the above would only cost €100 or so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I can't see why it would be more than €100 considering I am getting bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid,flower girl wand, 7 men's boutoneries and a unity arrangement for €400!! ( Inc lanterns)

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Most defo would not cost more than that, Have ye thought of doing yer own..
    Could go to a floristry course and pick up a few tips. That or just call into a local florist and ask them to do it...

Where are you based..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I didn't get any flowers for the tables but got bridal & 1 bridesmaid flowers & groom & 1 groomsman pins for €150 in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tbeans

What about if you don't mention "Wedding" at all to the florist and just say your looking for a table centrepiece to cost €x

Your right - any mention of weddings and it's extra costs for exactly the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I would definitely try to do my own. Pick up a few tips on the internet, keep it simple ribbons and wire and safety pins. Should be perfect, and so much more personal if you do it yourself. Or someone close to you maybe as keen as mustard, and would like to do it as a wedding present.

• Advertisement
Advertisement