Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a gardener

Options
  • 09-06-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in Aus at the moment & I'm looking to buy gardening services as a gift for my father in law. I'm looking for a gardener to call around & do some work. It is a standard 3 bed semi sized back garden.

The garden is in very good condition but it needs general things like the hedges trimmed and a general tidy up.

Looking to spend around 300 Euro & wondering what that would buy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

If you wish to offer your services please send a private message to Nelson Muntz.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Might be helpful if Nelson Muntz gave an indication as to the location that the said work might or might not be taking place.
    Also Nelson I presume you have okayed this with your Dad, in my experience in general gardeners can be very particular about their gardens and can be slow to let someone lose on their "baby".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Hi all,

I'm in Aus at the moment & I'm looking to buy gardening services as a gift for my father in law. I'm looking for a gardener to call around & do some work. It is a standard 3 bed semi sized back garden.

The garden is in very good condition but it needs general things like the hedges trimmed and a general tidy up.

Looking to spend around 300 Euro & wondering what that would buy?

Thanks

Not joking: I cut a woman's grass in a housing Estate and she handed me a cheque for E240. Fair enough, I had to drive 70 miles to spend 15mins cutting her lawn but that was the price agreed with the boss.

It depends on the Landscaper, if they are above board, do they charge hedge-cutting by the metre...

Socks? You can never go wrong with socks as a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Might be helpful if Nelson Muntz gave an indication as to the location that the said work might or might not be taking place.
    Also Nelson I presume you have okayed this with your Dad, in my experience in general gardeners can be very particular about their gardens and can be slow to let someone lose on their "baby".

Haha, thanks, I know what you mean. He is in the Stillorgan area.

He loves the garden but is not precious about it. I'm sure he'd love some fresh ideas.

Advertisement