Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandon Lilly well on the road to recovery

Options
  • 09-06-2014 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhP9Zzj44A

Mark Bell interviewing Brandon Lilly, very good video I think. Good for inspiration bad for anxiety under max squat weight. He seems to have recovered very fast, he must have kept taking proton shakes in the hospital.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,579 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhP9Zzj44A

Mark Bell interviewing Brandon Lilly, very good video I think. Good for inspiration bad for anxiety under max squat weight. He seems to have recovered very fast, he must have kept taking proton shakes in the hospital.

They're great for positivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

I don't mean to boast, but I have a better squat than Brandon Lilly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I don't mean to boast, but I have a better squat than Brandon Lilly.

Add his bodyweight and the bar against your bodyweight and bar... see how much closer it gets :p

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What a horrific injury :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Was pretty awesome to see him back. Always wanted to give his method a go sometime. I must buy the book.

• Advertisement

Was pretty awesome to see him back. Always wanted to give his method a go sometime. I must buy the book.

Brandon Campbell of Campbell Fitness on youtube used it for a while. His channel is well worth a subscription. He's currently using the BBS system by Dan Green but if you search 'cube' in his video listings you should find them, I think he does a review of his time on it too. He's strong as well, April 2014 - Squat 252kg, Bench Press 154kg, Deadlift 286kg. If you watch enough of his videos you might even get the proton shakes gag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Brandon Campbell of Campbell Fitness on youtube used it for a while. His channel is well worth a subscription. He's currently using the BBS system by Dan Green but if you search 'cube' in his video listings you should find them, I think he does a review of his time on it too. He's strong as well, April 2014 - Squat 252kg, Bench Press 154kg, Deadlift 286kg. If you watch enough of his videos you might even get the proton shakes gag!

I watch him sometimes, one of the more interesting lads on YouTube to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

"His method" LOL

Da Za wrote: »
    "His method" LOL

Something funny bout dem der proton shakes?

Something funny bout dem der proton shakes?

That it's referred to as his method

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

That it's referred to as his method

G'wan so Daz... explain what you mean :D

There's been allegations of him copy and pasting the method. Also stealing lots from Westside. He named an 'updated' version of the cube as cube 'boss', a lot of people think he teamed up with Dan Green because of the name but he didn't. I've also seen it called cube 'kingpin' but I don't know if he had to change the name or it's just another variant.

Ben Rice uses the kingpin method. You have to subscribe to him on youtube if you're interested in strength at all.

There's been allegations of him copy and pasting the method. Also stealing lots from Westside. He named an 'updated' version of the cube as cube 'boss', a lot of people think he teamed up with Dan Green because of the name but he didn't. I've also seen it called cube 'kingpin' but I don't know if he had to change the name or it's just another variant.

Ben Rice uses the kingpin method. You have to subscribe to him on youtube if you're interested in strength at all.

A) they're not allegations.

B) what does you're 2nd comment got to do with anything here?

A) they're not allegations.

B) what does you 2nd comment have to do with anything here?

A) There have been allegations.

B) It's a very strong powerlifter with frequent youtube uploads using a method of Brandon Lilly's. You left a very useful comment about his method also ("His method" LOL) so I don't know why you bring up me mentioning it?

C) Are you in a bad mood? :(

A) There have been allegations.

B) It's a very strong powerlifter with frequent youtube uploads using a method of Brandon Lilly's. You left a very useful comment about his method also ("His method" LOL) so I don't know why you bring up me mentioning it?

C) Are you in a bad mood? :(

You don't appear to be understanding English here at all and wha I'm saying!

Nope good mood as it's squat day!

You don't appear to be understanding English here at all and whatnot saying!

Nope good mood as it's squat day!

I don't get you?

Just back from squats myself!

I don't get you?

Just back from squats myself!

Not allegations, it's FACT!!

Rice is a good lifter alright!

Not allegations, it's FACT!!

Rice is a good lifter alright!

I get it now that you edited it, funny when you were talking about my grasp of English!

I never said it was or wasn't fact I just said there were allegations.

Yeah, he's unreal.

I get it now that you edited it, funny when you were talking about my grasp of English!

I never said it was or wasn't fact I just said there were allegations.

Yeah, he's unreal.

I type on my phone fast and edited the "what I'm saying part"!!!!

Advertisement