Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUBOT GT90 Smartphone 5MP 4 Inch Screen £54.38

Options
  • 09-06-2014 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

http://en.comebuy.com/cell-phones-om32243.html

Seen this phone online have to say I am impressed with it.

From what I can gather the reviews on the site itself are pretty good and genuine.

It is a great phone and the spec is amazing This link says it only has a 3mp on the back and 2mp on the front.

But on loads of other sites it says it is 5mp on the back...

Regarding the Price its awkward depending where you ship it from either Germany or Hong Kong the prices changes.

Plus you do not want to get caught out by irish customs if they stopped it but there is always that chance if you ship outside Europe.

Depending where you order it from the price changes.

Best of luck...please leave comments if you if you get on o.k with this site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭tipperary

http://en.comebuy.com/cell-phones-om32243.html

Seen this phone online have to say I am impressed with it.

From what I can gather the reviews on the site itself are pretty good and genuine.

It is a great phone and the spec is amazing This link says it only has a 3mp on the back and 2mp on the front.

But on loads of other sites it says it is 5mp on the back...

Regarding the Price its awkward depending where you ship it from either Germany or Hong Kong the prices changes.

Plus you do not want to get caught out by irish customs if they stopped it but there is always that chance if you ship outside Europe.

Depending where you order it from the price changes.

Best of luck...please leave comments if you if you get on o.k with this site.

Similar spec phone (dual core 1.2ghz processor, 4" screen) here http://www.tescomobile.ie/phones/displayPhone.aspx?p=209 for 59.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

yeah prob same spec but they just label it sony. its 3.15 MP that is not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Expect the phone ****terari to come on complaining that it has only 512mb ram:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

i have this pone . and im locked out of the password . i never even put one in to it . and now i have one . it froze on me a dozen times in a week.steer clear . if anyone knows how to reset it .. please share fone drives me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Expect the phone ****terari to come on complaining that it has only 512mb ram:D:D:D

Lack of RAM can be a serious PITA when updating apps.

I have a phone with 1Gb RAM and I frequently get "out of memory" messages especially with Chrome and larger app updates.

The new Vodafone Smart 4 Mini seems to be getting good reviews for similar money (or less if switching) and I'd definitely consider one quicker than a generic Chinese offering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

im getting this , my sister has one . and its exelenttttttttttttttttttttttttt value and as fast as a note 3
    2 x quad processors .
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/JIAKE-V8-MTK6592-8-Core-Smartphone-1-7GHz-2GB-16GB-6-0-Inch-Android-4-2-3G-With-GPS-NFC-Gesture-Sensing-Function-White-322374.html

ouch good point....never thought of that...you will have to flash it to get it working again...as in load the firmware again...dont ask me how to do that no idea.

But as for the password...might just stay clear of them now.

Maybe you slept walked and put a lock on it and the next morning you forgot the code...
    samsclub wrote: »
    i have this pone . and im locked out of the password . i never even put one in to it . and now i have one . it froze on me a dozen times in a week.steer clear . if anyone knows how to reset it .. please share fone drives me nuts

I would love to know if this http://en.comebuy.com is reliable or a big scam.

the shipping scares me big time.

because of the customs authority and stopping items comings in.

I would love to know if this http://en.comebuy.com is reliable or a big scam.

the shipping scares me big time.

because of the customs authority and stopping items comings in.

No customs or other crack like that. Its shipped from Germany, which, as you too well know, is in the EU.

But there is options...on the page saying either ship it from germany or hong kong....

so if I pick hong kong will it ship from germany ?
    No customs or other crack like that. Its shipped from Germany, which, as you too well know, is in the EU.

• Advertisement

But there is options...on the page saying either ship it from germany or hong kong....

so if I pick hong kong will it ship from germany ?

No.You have to pick Warehouse in Germany. And you will then notice that the price goes up to $91:D.

Personally I would'nt buy that phone. Go for the Cubot One if your budget scan stretch that far.

Yeah I do agree...its like getting a magnum ice cream in space but it says something different on it but looks and tastes the same.

What plug comes with these phones ?

or will I have to get a adapter or can I just charge it threw a plug usb adapter ?

and after looking at that site and as you said the price goes up.

I have decided to order from amazon...safer and at least if it doesnt come in the post they will post it again.

at least you have some sort of come back.

Advertisement