Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOB bag for the car

Options
  • 08-06-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Assuming you have your fully stocked BOB bag at home and you have a 15L rucksack for the car what are the essential pieces of kit you'd include in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

For shtf or edc kind of things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Little bit of both just wondering what people consider essential pieces of kit you'd need with you.
    I limited it to a 15l bag as anything bigger isn't always practical in a boot of a car. It would end up getting taken out to fit in shopping, a buggy or the likes and when you'd need it, it wouldn't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Steps Lightly

My current car bag is 35ltrs and I would hate to leave anything out of it, but if it was absolute must haves only.. mine would be.
    Personal Fak
    Complete set light weight rain gear.
    Canteen. ( water carrying and boiling )
    Bin Bag.
    Opinel no. 8 for urban enviroments or a Falkkniven F1 if going into the countryside.
    Multitool
    Noodles and dehydrated food.
    Coffee/tea and sweetener.
    Personal Hygiene kit.
    Waterproof socks and underwear.
    Map / Compass.
    Head torch and other small torch.

Bag probably full by now...and I'm fretting about what I'm leaving behind.!

Steps

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Steps Lightly

A couple of weeks ago I picked some ( crushable ? ) nylon bags in Aldi for a couple of euros each.. not particularly strong, but the handles can fit over the shoulder and will easily double your carrying capacity..also really good for shopping on the way home from work.

Steps

Advertisement