Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download kids movies

Options
  • 08-06-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Wonder if you can steer me in the right direction as not much of an I.T. person.

I want to download "Frozen" movie for my daughter. I've heard of some sites that you don't have to pay for this?!?!?

I have a Surface Tablet that she could watch it off or how do I download it? Do I need a memory stick or can I connect to main TV to watch. Sorry... like I said..not much of an I.T. person when it comes to this side of things.

Any help and feed back would be greatly appreciated!
    x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Netflix is free for the first month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’m leaving this open for now in case anyone has anyone good legitimate sources for childrens films to suggest, but I’ll remind everyone that discussion of how acquire films illegally is against charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bargain Queen

Sorry :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Acetrax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I know im a bit late here but YouTube has a fair amount of films on it, have'nt looked up kids films but there is bound to be some there. Its actually quite a good source and perfectly legal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is a misconception I've seen pop up a lot recently: if you find a full film on YouTube, odds are that it's illegal. There's some legitimate stuff there, but mostly old public films and the like. Modern blockbusters and classic hits? They're most likely not going to be there legally, although there might be a paid rental service for some films now. Most are uploaded by someone who has no right to do so, and will be deleted if they're spotted by YouTube's copyright enforcement team.

Now I'd say there's very little to no chance you'll ever have any action taken against you for watching a full film 'illegally' on YouTube. Even the uploader might only have their account suspended of something. But yeah it's not a legitimate source by any means, barring the rare exceptions that have been uploaded by the rightful copyright holders, or indeed cases where copyright no longer applies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's a month free trial of Amazon prime as well, but I agree with Kenny, get Netflix. The kids selection there is excellent, it'll save you a lot of money. I don't think the OP is asking about paid streaming or downloads though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as for the second part of your query about playing on your telly
    what is your setup currently as regards electronic equipment such as laptops/pc's/consoles/tablets/tv's?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Netflix is your best bet. You can make a restricted account for the young ones and it's pretty good value for kids, there's plenty for them to watch on it.

Advertisement