Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting

Options
  • 08-06-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I ported over to Tesco Mobile from Three on Thursday and have now realised how bad the TM coverage is in the areas I live and travel to regularly. I was tempted by TM's €15 deal. There seems to be extremely limited coverage with TM in buildings, even in their own shops, actually zero coverage in their own shops!

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, is there a specific amount of time I have to spend with one provider before I can move to another? I would like to change back to Three really. I am PAYG but want to keep my number.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Toxica wrote: »
    I ported over to Tesco Mobile from Three on Thursday and have now realised how bad the TM coverage is in the areas I live and travel to regularly. I was tempted by TM's €15 deal. There seems to be extremely limited coverage with TM in buildings, even in their own shops, actually zero coverage in their own shops!

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, is there a specific amount of time I have to spend with one provider before I can move to another? I would like to change back to Three really. I am PAYG but want to keep my number.

Buildings can affect 3G coverage badly for any operator. Bit late now, but you should always check out the reception with a PAYG sim before you switch networks. I think you can port away again immediately if you are PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

whiterebel wrote: »
    Buildings can affect 3G coverage badly for any operator. Bit late now, but you should always check out the reception with a PAYG sim before you switch networks. I think you can port away again immediately if you are PAYG.

Thanks, yeah, I should've checked before porting, d'oh! I have never really had problems in buildings with Three, the signal might go down one bar but I never lose it completely. TM seems to be awful in buildings, no signal at all! Will definitely check coverage in future if I'm thinking of changing networks.

Advertisement