Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber recommendation D1

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Sister-in-law needs a new replacement Monsoon dual flow supplied and fitted in D1/Castleforbes Square apartment.
    Could any posters please PM me number for a recommended plumber?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

It will cost between 700-800 to supply and fit a negative head monsoon. Whats wrong with it? It may be repairable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi,
    Basically stopped, but she tells me that when fitted 3 years ago, it was running continuosly (no flow) afterwards and when she rang "plumber" he said this was normal!
    So she used to use isolator switch to dampen noise. Mad I know!
    Now dead.
    Anyhow, she has been quoted €750 + fitting by a plumber who says it requires replacing. He is also pressurising her (excuse pun) with line of "only one left in stock and weeks to wait after".
    I know this is exhorbitant for the pump and would then possibly be an open cheque for fitting.
    Hence, looking for recommendation for a fair tradesperson for a fair job.
    Thanks

Do you know the existing pump manufacturer? Should be lasting a lot more than 3 years

Yes, I believe it is a Stuart Turner

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Yes, I believe it is a Stuart Turner

IMO I would 1st look to see could it be repaired. Most can

• Advertisement

Thx. Will wait to see on PM's for recommendations.
    Would check myself but far from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Thx. Will wait to see on PM's for recommendations.
    Would check myself but far from Dublin.

K.flyer on here repairs pumps and seems to know his stuff ...3 years old is not old they are good quality pumps alot of plumbers I have worked for opt for replacment over repair which is the handy way out imo

Thanks all. Got some PM's with contact details.

Advertisement