Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bryton 21 bracket

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Yesterday morning my bryton rider 21 came out of the bracket (the bracket actually snapped in half) and part of the locking ring on the unit itself broke off. The unit still works, so does anyone on here know of a fix for this? Only got the computer in feb from crc, but not sure if it would be covered under warranty/returns.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Sorry to drag this up, but I have a question about compatibility.

I returned the unit to CRC after this happened, they in turn sent it to bryton, who rejected the warranty claim. the mount, hr strap and back of the unit itself were all broken. CRC, for their part, were brilliant. They sent a replacement hr strap and mount. However as the unit would still not secure in place it's still pretty much useless. The smallest bump would probably see it fall out of the mount, so CRC have processed a refund.

So now I have a dilemma. I'm pretty annoyed that Bryton rejected the claim. I could easily replace the unit with another 21, for more or less the same price as the refund. But for an extra few quid I could get a Garmin 500 but I can't stretch to the performance bundle at the moment.

Does anyone know I the HR monitor and Cadence sensor from the bryton will pair with the 500? They are all ANT+ enabled, so I reckon they should, but don't want to get a Garmin if I cant use it.

Thanks
    Sean

Advertisement