Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD off campus accommodation

Options
  • 06-06-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Alright, hoping to go into 1st year soon to UCD so I've put my name down on the campus accommodation waiting list only to be put 2526 places down the line. I dont think I'll get the place on campus so I was wondering what are the other student villages around UCD? Where would be the most common places for 1st years if they dont get a place on campus? Can anyone enlighten me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

In the same situation im gonna start checking after the exams but i have no idea where to even start looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Y2JB

Hey guys, I'm a second year but had the same problem in 1st year. I didn't apply in time for UCD Campus but I got a place in Rathmines a week or two in to college (not a good situation) I'm not aware of any student villages but keep tabs on websites like daft.ie for anything that comes up regarding student accommodation. That's how I got my house. It's an awkward situation with you not knowing you'll be in UCD for sure nor if you'll have friends going and by August it's rush time for accommodation but don't stress out about it too much. Being 2526 does not mean you're definitely not going to get it, chances are the majority that applied might choose another college or not get the points, so don't give up on that yet. And even if you're not happy with what you have first semester accommodation wise you can always be offered campus for semester 2 which is what happened to me. And I liked the mix up. Something to consider would be a digs, while it might sound off putting having an elder in the house chances are you won't even notice them and having someone to cook and clean in the first few months is a big help so have a look out for that either. Any other questions feel free to ask!

Advertisement