Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Guitarists, drummer, (maybe) rapper: Meath/Dublin

Options
  • 06-06-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Band name: we're thinking of sticking with Chambers right now, as a reference to the movie 'Stand By Me'.

Band genre: still being decided, but to quote our poster: "leaning towards something with pop-punk, punk rock, alternative and classic rock influences with (maybe) some elements of hiphop (yes, we know how that sounds)".

Band location: Dunboyne, Co. Meath

Influences: I'm into almost all rock music, from Fall Out Boy to The Beatles to Led Zeppelin to Queens Of The Stone age to Rush to The Clash to Buddy Holly to Weezer to Cage The Elephant to Thin Lizzy to Blink-182... basically everything but the hardcore stuff (I'm a weenie). My bandmate is into rap and some of the same stuff as me. She also likes ORB, and says that she'd like to play something along those lines but I can add a bit more of a rock feel to it.

Positions available: rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, drummer. Pretty much everything but bassist (that's me) and singer. 'Singer' would also like me to add that she'd really like a male singer/rapper too. Other musicians e.g. keyboardist welcome.

Desired age range: I'm 16, singer is 15. Anyone aged 14-17 would be brilliant.

Additional info: We'll both be in Transition Year this year, so there will be lots of time to jam. Songwriting talents would be greatly appreciated since we have... none.

I've played bass for 2 years and my bandmate's a pretty good singer. We don't really care how much experience you've got, just as long as you can play. Obviously as there are only two of us we're only just starting out so forgive us if we haven't a clue what we're doing at times.

Advertisement