Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Fix The Outside Water Drainage Pipe?

Options
  • 06-06-2014 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Well, it came off loosely somehow and now the back garden gets flooded every time it rains heavily. Even when its only showers the water flows very fast and with great volume.

Living in an estate and its a semi detached house, so we are the last ones on the side so all the water in the middle of the houses flows to our side and goes down the drain which it isn't because the thing where it blocks water to go down the drain is broken.

I've the pieces but since its quite high for a ladder any suggestions? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DominicKid wrote: »
    Well, it came off loosely somehow and now the back garden gets flooded every time it rains heavily. Even when its only showers the water flows very fast and with great volume.

Living in an estate and its a semi detached house, so we are the last ones on the side so all the water in the middle of the houses flows to our side and goes down the drain which it isn't because the thing where it blocks water to go down the drain is broken.

I've the pieces but since its quite high for a ladder any suggestions? :mad:

If you have a local window cleaner he'll put it back together on the cheap.

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If you have a local window cleaner he'll put it back together on the cheap.
    If the OP doesnt want to fix it then he or she should get a fully insured trades person or fully insured handy man out to fix it.
    Unless the window cleaner is fully insured then I would not be letting him near my house.
    Because if he falls and has a serious injury when cleaning windows or fixing the gutter pipe then he can sue the homeowner for alot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

If the OP doesnt want to fix it then he or she should get a fully insured trades person or fully insured handy man out to fix it.
    Unless the window cleaner is fully insured then I would not be letting him near my house.
    Because if he falls and has a serious injury when cleaning windows or fixing the gutter pipe then he can sue the homeowner for alot of money.
    I actually never knew about this! Thanks for the heads though appreciate it a lot! Not sure if i can do this because the smallers like 3m smaller than the height able to fix it and looks like i just need to replace it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

does anyone actually know where to this cap thing just to block off water falling from the edge buy it, just need the very outer part...
    would ya find one in a local hardware?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DominicKid wrote: »
    does anyone actually know where to this cap thing just to block off water falling from the edge buy it, just need the very outer part...
    would ya find one in a local hardware?

Can you put up a photo?

• Advertisement
Advertisement