Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MK5 Golf Aux Input

Options
  • 06-06-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Recently got a 2007 Golf Sportline and wish to play my Ipod through the car stereo but there is no aux input in the stock radio.
    I have tried the FM transmitter and find the sound quality is not great.
    Looking for a way of getting the aux input in the car at a reasonable price preferably without changing the stock radio.
    any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

username95 wrote: »
    Recently got a 2007 Golf Sportline and wish to play my Ipod through the car stereo but there is no aux input in the stock radio.
    I have tried the FM transmitter and find the sound quality is not great.
    Looking for a way of getting the aux input in the car at a reasonable price preferably without changing the stock radio.
    any help would be much appreciated!

Get this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005FMYGAS?cache=0628b2ff8c6253401ac33bb4a7f668d1&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1402062784&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Connects straight into the back of the cd player. You can then trail it out around the ash tray fairly neatly.

You can also buy a female to female audio jack and insert it into one of the blank buttons on front of the ashtray. See pic in this link
    http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176907

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

Hi. I have the same problem with my Golf but there is no way that I would install it myself. Do you know any place that someone can install this in my car? I have asked in a few garages but they do not do that type of service :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 username95

Dores wrote: »
    Hi. I have the same problem with my Golf but there is no way that I would install it myself. Do you know any place that someone can install this in my car? I have asked in a few garages but they do not do that type of service :(

Not sure if this will actually solve my problem as i dont have a 6 disc cd changer, decided to look into other options and they are not cheap
    Local VW garage offered me a part for the existing radio which would enable aux input and i pod charging, the part and installation however would cost the bones of €300
    Halfords offer a range of fm transmitters and supposedly the more expensive(€40), higher quality ones work well without much interference. The other option they suggested was changing the radio, this means you could get handsfree, aux and usb as part of the radio and they will order the parts to fit around it so the dash is still flush at a cost of approx €90 for installation and parts + cost of the radio.

Either way its looking expensive to get done...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look at a dension gateway or icelink, or an xcarlink.

Fitting is relatively easy once you can follow instructions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Dores wrote: »

It's actually fairly simple to do, there is many videos on YouTube on how to remove the radio and then you can route the cable out beside the cigarette lighter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement