Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lollipop style fencing query

Options
  • 06-06-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I saw a thread in here a while back of someone who attached horizontal batons to a wall and screwed lollipop style fence boards to it. i think its a great idea for covering block work. any idea where to get these boards. i would like larch if possible. but any wood will do i suppose. love to get an estimate on price becuase its either that or a pergola for my next project.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainwaterman

I saw a thread in here a while back of someone who attached horizontal batons to a wall and screwed lollipop style fence boards to it. i think its a great idea for covering block work. any idea where to get these boards. i would like larch if possible. but any wood will do i suppose. love to get an estimate on price becuase its either that or a pergola for my next project.
    Chadwicks builders providers sell individual icepop stick style fence boards.They are made from 22mm thick,100mm wide and 1.8 meter long lengths of pine and red deal and are pressure treated aswell.They are only 2 euro 50 cents each.They also do a 150mm wide fence board for around 3 euro 50 cents.
    Batton wize Id go for some 16 foot lengths of pressure treated 2 x 1 or 3 x 2 and express nail them into the wall.This will be a good solid fit.Then you can secret nail or screw your individual icepop fence boards onto the battons.A 16 foot length of pressure treated 2 x 1 is around 2 euro 70 cents in Chadwicks.3 x 2 is around 7 euro a length
    Goodwins also sell the same individual fence boards too for more or less the same price,same with the 2 x 1 and 3 x 2 pressure treated battons

Advertisement