Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

String duo/quartet for wedding Co. Wicklow

Options
  • 05-06-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We're looking for a string duo/quartet to play at our blessing and drinks reception in September. Would anyone know of any music students offering their services?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Aspergo wrote: »
    We're looking for a string duo/quartet to play at our blessing and drinks reception in September. Would anyone know of any music students offering their services?

Are you on a budget? why students?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Hi Aspergo

I recently played in Greystones with a wonderful quartet called Astral. They based in Dublin but will travel to Wicklow.

Re:students... I wouldn't advise this route unless you are 100% confident in the quartet organiser/leader and they have a lot of experience playing for weddings. If you have a friend who is maybe a musician/music teacher then have a chat with them. If you want a professional service that is going to allow your blessing and drinks reception to run seamlessly then it is certainly worth expanding your budget for...

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aspergo

Are you on a budget? why students?

We're not exclusively looking for studens, but do try to mind the spending. Do you have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aspergo

AoifeCork wrote: »
    Hi Aspergo

I recently played in Greystones with a wonderful quartet called Astral. They based in Dublin but will travel to Wicklow.

Re:students... I wouldn't advise this route unless you are 100% confident in the quartet organiser/leader and they have a lot of experience playing for weddings. If you have a friend who is maybe a musician/music teacher then have a chat with them. If you want a professional service that is going to allow your blessing and drinks reception to run seamlessly then it is certainly worth expanding your budget for...

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the advice! I'll have a look at Astral.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Aspergo wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! I'll have a look at Astral.

I had sacred sounds and they did a fantastic job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement