Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower Speed

Options
  • 05-06-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi

I had to get a new lawnmower last week and settled on a Kaaz with a GX160 Honda Engine. So far so good except for one small 'problem'. Before I had this mower I had an Ariens 21 which was a world of problems but it was a very fast geared mower. The Kaaz is probably about half the speed...! In fairness it gives a much better cut etc but I can't get used to how slow it is! Anyone any ideas if this mower can be quickened up in some fashion. Its got 2 gears but even the fast one is quite slow. A couple of friends have Honda mowers that they adjusted a few bits which resulted in a faster speed but the Hondas are belt driven and this is shaft driven. The exact version is this one... http://www.esaleslocal.com/kaaz.htm.

Thanks in advance

Rats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭sparkynash

I have a Honda which is hydrostatic drive and at top speed you would nearly have to run behind it to up.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Thats a belt driven mower probably so likely more slope for a speed increase! This one is shaft driven. I've gotten used yo it a bit but its zoo much slower than the old one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Once it runs in it might rev a bit better, the governor stops it revving fully.
    Is the oil level correct and not overfilled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

ratsam wrote: »
    Thats a belt driven mower probably so likely more slope for a speed increase! This one is shaft driven. I've gotten used yo it a bit but its zoo much slower than the old one!

The honda hydrostatics are hydraulic driven.

Any way, in answer to your question, as cjhaughey says a period if settling in is required, then, and only then (this will invalidate the warranty) you can adjust the revs on the engine by I think between 300-500 revs is the optimum it makes a fair difference. But is your throttle set right as well? Maybe the engine isn't running at full speed?

All the best.

Advertisement