Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help me with my college grant please?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

The special rate of maintenance has a threshold of €22,703. My family's income was €27,000 but my mum got disability allowance and my dad got carer's allowance and they reckon that income won't count and I'll get the special rate. Does anyone know if it will or won't count?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Local TD ,
    SUSI told me last year that I wasn't entitle to the special rate even tho my income was under the €20,000 ( I was on BTEA). After having a number of heated chats to SUSI, I contacted my local TD who had it sorted in less than a week because SUSI said that I earned over the €20,000. When I asked for proof of where I earned over the €20,000 they couldn't show me, after this I was been passed from pillar to post so I went to TD.

I do not think they give out the special rate unless you fight with them for this. Happen also to two other people who were doing different masters than myself.They went to TD & it was sorted within a week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 logiebear

It seems carer's allowance is "disregarded income", which subtracted from the total income puts me below the threshold.

Advertisement