Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Tablet

Options
  • 05-06-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0054PDMMO/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Bought this yesterday on Amazon. I know it's a 2011 tablet the only reason I bought it was it has Windows 7 really am not too bothered about the android on it and I don't like Windows 8/8.1, 7 is what I want on a tablet. I read some reviews online some positive/negative the negatives were mostly screen resolution but I would like to hear other peoples thoughts/opinions on the product. 2011 these cost over £500 so paying £99 pounds for it isn't that much of a loss if it turns out to be junk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,912 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

7 is what I want on a tablet
    Dear god why.

Speaking as someone who had a 7 tablet, the first thing I did with it is install 8.0 consumer preview. 7 is a mess on a tablet. You think 8 is bad but try using 7's teeny little icons and controls (like in File Explorer) on such a small display, with a relatively inaccurate input device - especially touch! I don't see pen input mentioned either, so you're even worse off than I was.

All the doom and gloom and marmalade-esque comments about 8, it is designed, purposefully designed, for use on a touch device, such as a tablet. And it works well at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I have a Dell xt3 touch screen laptop with Windows 7 on it so i'm used to using touch on 7. Aware the tablet will be 3.2 inches smaller but I reckon I can get the hang of it (Dell XT wasn't easy to use at first) if I have any problems with 7 I still have a unused 8pro key somewhere to throw on it. Other than the OS what do you think of the spec of it. I might put a 64gb+ SSD into it as 32gb is a bit small to run 7 on.

and some of that is used by Android. Old droid at that. It's a dangerous buy. I would not.

Came this morning via PM wish I had of posted this thread before I bought it. Anyway open the box and it's like ice cold then got really sweaty wiped it off. Was completely flat. Charged it for an hour. Turned it on got to Windows setup then just shuts off and now every time you power it on bios screen 1 sec - off

Sending it back

Edit -Also its fully charged too left it in went asleep woke up still the same

Update the problem has gone (hopefully) looks like it was Windows first set up. It's working now and is very easy to use (i guess you have to be used to Windows 7 touch) as for the virtual bluestacks android well I might uninstall it. I have a galaxy tab 3 and note 3 I really don't need a another android device.

• Advertisement

Chris___ wrote: »
    Came this morning via PM wish I had of posted this thread before I bought it. Anyway open the box and it's like ice cold then got really sweaty wiped it off. Was completely flat. Charged it for an hour. Turned it on got to Windows setup then just shuts off and now every time you power it on bios screen 1 sec - off

Sending it back

Edit -Also its fully charged too left it in went asleep woke up still the same

got chilled on delivery truck and condensed humidity in your home.

Advertisement