Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varicose veins.....down 'there'

Options
  • 05-06-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I just had to start this as I have just spent the last hour googling 'vulvar varicosities' - in lay man's terms : varicose veins on/in your vajayjay.

I am pregnant on my third baby so thought I was pretty clued into what may or may not happen to my body over the course of the pregnancy. About 1 month ago (I am currently 6 months pregnant) I noticed severe swelling down below. So I had a check and also discovered lumps. I was immediately on high alert. I had an apt with the midwife two days later so waited until then to talk to her. So she had a look and confirmed it - I had a bad case of varicose veins down below or to be fancy, vulvar varicosities.......

I have googled numerous treatments for this...many recommend cold compression, witch hazel on a pad, elevated hips during sleep.....there is also yoke you can buy which looks like a jockstrap but it costs about €50 plus delivery....

So, has anyone or is anyone experiencing this EXTREMELY uncomfortable condition?? And if so, anything work for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Jesus Christ I thought I was bad with piles! I'm also expecting my third baby and never heard of this before. Will it affect dilation at labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Was thinking about this and im pretty sure I might have one. Spoke to a friend about it and she had one whilst pregnant and it went away after the baby was born. Something about the baby putting pressure on a certain spot that was relieved after delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,258 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, nuisance, achey, will go away

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

I had them pretty bad on both o pregnancies, woeful things, but went quick enough after having the baby both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Sis had them terribly on her 3rd but disappeared post baby. However I'll ask her tomorrow for any useful hints and tips. I'll revert!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

These yokes any good ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ability-Superstore-V2-Supporter-Small/dp/B00FYSNEWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1402526199&sr=8-3&keywords=V2+Supporter

Though ye should count yerselves lucky ye don't have real problems like ingrown beard hairs n stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daisymay2007

tishandy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I thought I was bad with piles! I'm also expecting my third baby and never heard of this before. Will it affect dilation at labour?

Apparently not....like previous posters have said as well, it does pretty much clear up after birth but holy god, they are uncomfortable...

The V2 supporter has been recommended...I must just have to bite the bullet and fork out the 50 odd quid...I don't know if I can last another 13 weeks....!!!!

Advertisement