Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elective section/spd

Options
  • 05-06-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My consultant has given me a date for section at 39&3. I am suffering very bad with spd. Im now bed bound & need crutches just to get to the toilet.

Can anyone please give me any advice on how to convince doctor to take me earlier? All looks good with baby from scan & I have doctors appointment next Wednesday.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I've no advice to give you m'dear as I have no experience of this but I just wanted to say you poor thing! You must be so uncomfortable. How far along are you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Sorry to hear you're in such a bad way hun. And here's me complaining about a little pelvic pain.

Id say just ask him straight out. Tell him you feel that is too long for you to physically or emotionally wait. Babies are considered full term from 37 weeks so im sure he'd consider it. Talk it out. Ask him for specific reasons as to why you need to wait until 39+3???

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

How far along are you?

A friend of mine was in a similar situation to you but her waters went at 38 + 5 and she knew she'd never be able to push the baby out yet they still were very adamant about her trying to have the baby 'naturally'. She ended up having the section after hours of unnecessary painful contractions.

Dont want to be frightening you or anything but I would insist on a section sooner, you're obviously very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monaghangal

Thanks everyone.

im only 30 weeks so I still have a long way to go but need to know that there is an end in sight. I have a 4 year old boy& not being a very good mum at the minute!

my doctor has already said he doesn't like doing sections before 39 weeks so i just don't know how i am going to convince him to do it sooner. 37 weeks would be ideal& there should be no risk to baby by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi monaghangal.. my heart goes out to you! I developed a lot of complications from the 28 week mark and like you just wanted the pregnancy to be over. I was on a load of meds which were making me tired, achy and depressed - not the same as being in pain but I know the headspace.
    The only thing I'll say is that if you have the baby at 37weeks and something isnt fully developed or the baby has issues you'll regret it. I was pushing to be induced at 36+3 as he wouldn't give me a section... had mini breakdown in consultants office and he saw how bad i'd got. Anyways the induction didnt work as I wasnt ready but he changed my meds and bought another fortnight for baby and I had an elective at 38+2. It was only after the baby was born that I was terrified at the amount of paediatricians which looked over her in the first few days. She was very jittery and had unusual movements/spasms. Thankfully its passed now but I felt terrible I hadnt waited another week in case it made the difference.
    There's no right/wrong way to do it but decisions made when your miserable and in pain arent always the best. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

You poor thing. Pregnancy I's too long, should be about 5 months :) . On my last baby I had an elective section due to other reasons st 39+3 I was adamant I should be taken earlier, what if I went into labour myself and sure what harm aren't babies ready at 37 weeks. When I had her at 39+3 I was so pleased I didn't have her earlier. She was only 5lbs 7 oz and had no lashes or nails. She was like a little premie baby. Picture her a week or two earlier! Also there is a big difference in brsin development between 37 and 40 weeks. I hope you start feeling better soon. I was killed with back pain for two weeks . Now I'm flying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

My consultant has given me a date for section at 39&3. I am suffering very bad with spd. Im now bed bound & need crutches just to get to the toilet.

Can anyone please give me any advice on how to convince doctor to take me earlier? All looks good with baby from scan & I have doctors appointment next Wednesday.

thanks

Are you seeing a physio or an osteopath?

Advertisement