Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm due a service?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi. My alarm went off at 2am tonight, on checking it showed a downstairs window which seemed secure. I am with Knightguard and the alarm also went off two months ago. When I go to bed I only activate the alarm downstairs. It is about 6 years old. I'm presuming there is a fault so I will probably need to get it serviced? Anyone have an idea how much this would cost? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Prices vary a lot from different companies. Call out charges can be anywhere from €50-€150 so shop around and ask for price first.
    After that it's probably a faulty sensor or contact on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

So I don't have to go with the actual alarm company? Are there independent people who would be able to do it? Sorry if a stupid question!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In most cases you can use any psa licenced installer.
    What model is your alarm?

Advertisement