Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found this little beauty!

Options
  • 05-06-2014 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Anyone here find they have a sensitivity to the harsh glare of the computer screen? I have the answer!
    This nifty and simply little piece of software configures your screen to mimick natural light, thus reducing the screen glare and making things easier on the eyes. Particularly good for those of us who stay up late typing. I've been using it for the last hour and it's fantastic so I thought I'd share for anyone else who might need it.

Flux Software

Comments

It's pretty good alright I've a friend uses it on his 32 inch monitor. I just use a customised Windows theme so it's amber on black works well with firefox. I get longer battery life too with an LED screen but I'm not sure why because I've measured the draw on an ammeter and not noticed any difference to one digit after the decimal. I'd suspect Aero themes use more current, certainly increases the CPU temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

Im using it on a dual screen setup in work. Its pretty handy actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'm an oap and lamps are very sensitive to light, use pc usually between 7-10pm. I have brightness and contrast turned down to suit me, do you think this software would be of any benefit to someone like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I'm an oap and lamps are very sensitive to light, use pc usually between 7-10pm. I have brightness and contrast turned down to suit me, do you think this software would be of any benefit to someone like me.

yes , it makes the screen more yellow in afternoon authomatially. I think it helped me anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Twilight for Android also does the same for your phones and tablets.

• Advertisement

You can go full black with windows high contrast themes.
    I really don't like burning white eyeballs now i'm used to this.

High%20Contrast_zpsu2j1szzn.jpg

Darkwindows_zps6d6c7c86.jpg

Advertisement