Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typing on my Tablet. Help

• 04-06-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I am trying to retrieve a password and the site keeps giving me 4 letters to copy. But some of the numbers are block and I cannot work out how to do this on the keyboard. Its a samsung .

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Esroh wrote: »
    I am trying to retrieve a password and the site keeps giving me 4 letters to copy. But some of the numbers are block and I cannot work out how to do this on the keyboard. Its a samsung .

Depends on what keyboard you're using. There's an arrow that points up. Tap that. Otherwise scroll through the letter by tapping all the way until you reach caps ifyou're bot using qwerty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Esroh wrote: »

There's an arrow that points up. Tap that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

hallo dare wrote: »
    Depends on what keyboard you're using. There's an arrow that points up. Tap that. Otherwise scroll through the letter by tapping all the way until you reach caps ifyou're bot using qwerty.

Thanks

Its not capitals its heavy lettering I need. Its like 2 are written with a pen and 2 with a marker.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you tried typing the letter, selecting it and hitting control and b after you select them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

If you are talking about a capcha the fonts don't matter just type the letters. Some are case sensitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Mark thats what I presumed but it keeps telling me Im wrong.

I have tried everything . Might be best if I leave it for now. Ill end up throwing the Tab. Its always the simple things that seem to stump me . Not at all tech savy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Is there an option to refresh it and get another set of letters? Might be worth a shot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What web browser are you using? The stock Android browser is quite poor generally so go to the Play store and download another such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Boat etc. to see if the issue reproduces

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Is there an option to refresh it and get another set of letters? Might be worth a shot.

Agreed....does it look anything like this, which also has case sensitive letters, mostly it doesn't matter, and others have letters and numbers separated by a space...

phonie-security.jpg

is that refresh option there, and there usually is also an option for the phrase to be spoken to you, the little loudspeaker grouped with the refresh and help symbols

sometimes there are more than 4 or 5 characters, sometimes they are separate blocks, and you need to put in a space.

If you fail or wait too long, you will need to refresh...perhaps have it spoken out to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aislingasho

hi. new to boards.ie and not sure how to post my owb thread or if i even can. i have bought a tablet case with built in keyboard. the keyboard in the case in american and the tablet (archos neon) is british. im not able to put in irish symbols ie. fada and eeuro sign. if anyone has any idea how i can do this, id be so greatful. thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

hi. new to boards.ie and not sure how to post my owb thread or if i even can. i have bought a tablet case with built in keyboard. the keyboard in the case in american and the tablet (archos neon) is british. im not able to put in irish symbols ie. fada and eeuro sign. if anyone has any idea how i can do this, id be so greatful. thanks a million.

AltGr and press 4 will give you the € symbol.

AltGr and press the vowel you want (a, e, i, o, u) will give you the vowel with the fada (á, é, í, ó, ú).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aislingasho

Hi. Thanks, but there is no alt gr. There's 2 alt buttons. Thank u though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Hi. Thanks, but there is no alt gr. There's 2 alt buttons. Thank u though :)

Try hold down the Ctrl key, then Alt, and then the letter you want to use -

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Normally, you can find that in the Settings > Language.

Advertisement