Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones/apps

Options
  • 04-06-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Just wondering what kind of phones & apps ye all have

i have three phones
    Iphone 5s.. on a uk bill…. always on my person… used for work, play etc etc.. would like some good apps for this but currently only use os maps etc.

Also have two blokias…. amazing battery… both ready to go.. one for uk and one for ireland… i keep these for when the iPhone does (fairly frequently)

also any means of charging, hints ad tips for prolonging battery life etc and reviews of how your phones last

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I have a jiayu G4 advanced. It's a chinese android phone, but it has a massive battery (3000mAh). It lasts 2 days with normal use but you could easily stretch that to 4 by turning brightness all the way down, disabling wifi and data when you're not using them, that kind of thing.

Apps: Compass is useful. Spirit level. "My GPS coordinates" app is useful.

This app lets you download maps for a country in advance.

There was a thread on apps before.

Oh FM radio might be useful in a pinch. Works in airplane mode (as does GPS by the way, folks) and uses very little juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Steps Lightly

Good topic
    Wish I was up to date with that stuff, but I'm sure I am a generation to late. If you feel like suggesting some apps that are useful..please do..I'll get my daughter to download it for me..on the phone thingy.

Seriously though..

Steps

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

with regards to Batterys & charging, one of these may come in handy,
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181266741069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've just ordered one and a mate has one over a year now, Very handy if you're away from mains power for an extended period, I haven't looked into solar charging options for it yet though

Advertisement