Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10km PB Course

Options
  • 04-06-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I'm looking for a fast (PB) 10km race in August/September, any suggestions? Looking at a few prep 5km races and advised that Kilcock 5km (June) and Celbridge 5k (August) are two to do, any suggestions very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ftoolio wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a fast (PB) 10km race in August/September, any suggestions? Looking at a few prep 5km races and advised that Kilcock 5km (June) and Celbridge 5k (August) are two to do, any suggestions very much appreciated.
    Thanks

Kilmore in Sept is a pretty fair course

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

I'd agree that Kilmore is a fast course but I'm always surprised how many people synch themselves out by thinking a course isn't flat. If your PB fit you'll get the time on any course.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

emerald007 wrote: »
    I'd agree that Kilmore is a fast course but I'm always surprised how many people synch themselves out by thinking a course isn't flat. If your PB fit you'll get the time on any course.

Agree. Pb's can also be achieved in competitive fields e.g. Dunshaughlin 10K. I would not consider this a flat or fast course but I tend to run decent times on it due to the quality of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

NiallG4 wrote: »
    Agree. Pb's can also be achieved in competitive fields e.g. Dunshaughlin 10K. I would not consider this a flat or fast course but I tend to run decent times on it due to the quality of the field.

The first 3 miles are downhill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

The first 3 miles are downhill!!

Wow. I must do it this year so, seeing as you are advising of a new course with the first 3 mile downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

The Lakes 10k km Blessington early Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Abhainn wrote: »

Great race altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ftoolio

Abhainn wrote: »

The lakes is a great race, tough climb at 6 or 7km for a km. Full road closures, really well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭teacosy

I've only ever run 10kms in the Phoenix Park- the 2 loops of the furry glen area. Could anyone tell me how this would compare with the Fingal 10km (DCM race series)?
    Also in search of the 10 km PB.
    Thanks.

Teacosy.

The lakes is a great race, tough climb at 6 or 7km for a km. Full road closures, really well organised.

I popped out to record the route for you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

thewolf_ie wrote: »

Note the monster climb at 1:15! Bleedin Everest. :) Love this race!

Note the monster climb at 1:15! Bleedin Everest. :) Love this race!

Yes I run Everest in most of my training runs! Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

thewolf_ie wrote: »

Very poor SPR adherence, you look to have gone at least 10.2k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ooter

teacosy wrote: »
    I've only ever run 10kms in the Phoenix Park- the 2 loops of the furry glen area. Could anyone tell me how this would compare with the Fingal 10km (DCM race series)?
    Also in search of the 10 km PB.
    Thanks.

Teacosy.

10 k's in the park are tough so if you're used to them you should have no problem with the fingal 10k,I found it very flat and got my PB there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Thanks
    I think the Funlavin (Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow) 5k (Sunday 29th June) will be a pb course, apart from a short (approx. 60m) of a slight hill at the start the rest is flat with a nice downhill run through the town, then a run out and back the Naas road, finishing before the climb back into the town :)

Advertisement