Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking songs from Logic X and playing live in Ableton

Options
  • 04-06-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everybody,

I've been producing songs in Logic for a few years now, and I'm at the stage where I'd like to be able to start thinking about playing live at some electronic music nights.

Although I know that most producers I'm into use Live for their performance stuff, I have no idea how to go about transferring stems / cutting up my tracks / buying some kind of Ableton performance controller to achieve this.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Even a link to a good tutorial would be fantastic.

My music is here, I suppose broadly inspired by people like Mount Kimbie/Koreless/James Blake/Throwing Snow/Mmoths etc.

I can't post a link but it can be found at soundcloud latenightshowerculture

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Once they are midi controllers you can assign their paths in logic. No need to switch over to play "live". Lots of live rigs are logic based. It's a myth that only "Live" works this way.

It's been years since I programmed a controller. I think it was logic 8 I last set midi paths. I'll try can I find you a tutorial or if I can remember.

Advertisement