Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for Post Graduate courses

Options
  • 04-06-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

What kind of grants are available to post-grads nowadays?

for my undergraduate course, the grant consisted of 3 bulk payments throughout the year and payment of the 1500 student fee at the start of the year

but that was the county council grant scheme and not the SUSI thing now

The postgrad course im applying for is the Hdip in info technology, i can't find the cost of this conversion course anywhere on the nuim website, but i heard its about 4000

what way does this grant work?
    can i apply for the grant for this course, even though i havn't applied for the course yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

A HDip is a level 8, so I dont know if you'd be eligible for any grant as you aren't really progressing

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TCGall

Hdip is a postgrad qualification so its ok for progression from an undergrad course. no maintenance grants for a Hdip but you can apply for a grant for some or all the fees. you can apply online to susi even if you havent a course place or even applied for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TCGall

Hdip is a postgrad qualification so its ok for progression from an undergrad course. no maintenance grants for a Hdip but you can apply for a grant for some or all the fees. you can apply online to susi even if you havent a course place or even applied for the course.

Advertisement