Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to know the temperature of water in my cylinder.

Options
  • 04-06-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Have a new Joule triple coil 400 litre cylinder. Heating water from my oil boiler bit waiting to fit my cylinder stat. No solar at the moment.
    The cylinder is so highly insulated that it is impossible to know the temperature of the water inside. Is there a thermostat/ probe that you would recommend for this job ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Get a unit like this. Cut a slot out of the foam insulation, tape the probe onto the cylinder 1/4 way down from the top, and replace the foam. It'll under-read by about 5 degrees, but it's cheap and it works. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LCD-Digital-Thermometer-Remote-Probe/dp/B001U49TUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401885698&sr=8-1&keywords=thermometer+remote+probe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

joebre wrote: »
    Have a new Joule triple coil 400 litre cylinder. Heating water from my oil boiler bit waiting to fit my cylinder stat. No solar at the moment.
    The cylinder is so highly insulated that it is impossible to know the temperature of the water inside. Is there a thermostat/ probe that you would recommend for this job ?

There should be a temperature probe pocket in the cylinder at high level. There will be one in the middle & one at the bottom also.
    Buy from any local plumbing merchant a probe temperature dial & just insert it into the upper pocket.

Advertisement