Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance for runners -Glo Health?

Options
  • 03-06-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm thinking of changing from vhi to glo health. Mainly because it's a lot cheaper, but also because they offer money off vo2 testing and cover sports injuries quite well (if you sign up for the extra sports package)

I'm just wondering what the rest of you would recommend for athletes?

Glo Health seem to be aiming their ad campaigns towards active adults. Obviously that's because it's cheaper for them in terms of claims!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭rom

I'm thinking of changing from vhi to glo health. Mainly because it's a lot cheaper, but also because they offer money off vo2 testing and cover sports injuries quite well (if you sign up for the extra sports package)

Glo Health seem to be aiming their ad campaigns towards active adults. Obviously that's because it's cheaper for them in terms of claims!

Was with VHI. Found them great. Could submit expenses anytime. Now with aviva and they Dont cover sports massage and I can only submit expenses quarterly ( non company plans only every 6 months) you need to write an actual letter as they have no claim form and I find their staff not as good to deal with.they do have other little nuggets like getting 50 euro a day for a father when the mother is in hospital having a child. Hardy anyone will remember that as they will have much more on their minds.both plans paid by work. The apple plan is the one you want to be on. Its great value for money and great cover. You won't find it advertised on their website. Its VHI. I can find out the actual code if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,156 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Vo2 testing would be great. I think it's about 120 euro in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

The main man in Glo Health is indeed a committed runner with a marathon PB under 2.40 a good few years ago. He actually completed the Comrades at the weekend in just short of 10.30 for the Bronze finishers medal. So I'm sure that is why the ad is subtly set up at athletes/ fit people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

PVincent wrote: »
    The main man in Glo Health is indeed a committed runner with a marathon PB under 2.40 a good few years ago. He actually completed the Comrades at the weekend in just short of 10.30 for the Bronze finishers medal. So I'm sure that is why the ad is subtly set up at athletes/ fit people

About as subtle as a brick to the head

Advertisement