Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOOKING FOR JOB IN WEXFORD

Options
  • 03-06-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm 16, I've left school and am looking to get into the area of sky, From a very young age I've been installing satellite and TV in friends and family's houses, I am also highly interested in CCTV, It fascinates me to be honest. I know I probably wont get to work in these areas (Not having any qualifications apart from my Junior Cert) but I would appreciate any help or tips anyone could give me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You'll run out of friends to install stuff for, go back to school op!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

You've got your whole life ahead of you - dont be in such a hurry to jump into a dead end job with no qualifications. If you are not academic, at least go back to school and do the Leaving Cert applied

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mark1102o

I left for Personal Reasons which I wont say but I won't be going back at all:/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There is no future in only being qualified to drill holes in wall or lash stuff to chimneys.

Sky installing is the least paid and requiring least expertise. If you want to progress from a near minimum wage you need education. Even for Sky Installer you are not qualified enough.

There are "Senior" College type places that offer alternative but equivalent to Leaving Cert. Senior cycle at school isn't the only option. Also you can change school.

Without more education qualifications you are unlikely to ever progress beyond shelf packing.

Sorry to be blunt. But I know people who have left School early and then spent 5 years and a lot of regret and money trying to undo the mistake.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To be honest this type of thread isn't really appropriate to this forum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement